Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The launch (5 days away!) and my new master plan

So, according to my fabulous new countdown widget, I can see that right at this moment I have 5 days, 13 hours, and 7 minutes until Unearthly hits the shelves. I am already starting to get that breathless feeling. This is actually going to happen. Wow.

Monday I am flying to Idaho Falls to have a launch party at my hometown Barnes and Noble, which is actually mentioned on page 218 of Unearthly. The party/signing/hugfest will be Thursday, January 6, at 7pm. I am so excited to get to see everybody, and to share in this amazing, life-changing time with them, and even more than that, I am super excited to see teens and actual readers from my community, so please, if you live nearby, drop by and see me and get a book signed!

I will be having other signings and doing other events over the next couple of months, so please see my website News page for the schedule. Yes, I have a brand spanking new website (you may have noticed I also have a brand spanking new matching blog design), and I love it!

I am also concocting a new master plan of how to connect with readers who won't be able to make it to any of my events. Here's how it goes, all through the month of January:

1) Go to your local bookstore and take 2 pictures, one of Unearthly on the shelf in all its booky glory (make sure we can see the other books around it, too, as part of the fun for me is seeing what company I'm keeping), and one of you holding the book.

2) Email me the photos, along with your name, address, and the name/location of the bookstore where you took the photos. My email address: writercynthiahand@gmail.com

THEN, I will:
3) add your photos to my Unearthly on the Shelf! compilation, which I will post to my blog in stages, with a big final post sometime in early February.

4) mail you a bookplate, (I had these printed special and they are all purply beautiful) which I will sign so you can put it in your copy of Unearthly and therefore have a signed copy even if you can't make it to a formal signing!

5) choose three (3) of these entries at random and mail them a signed and doodled upon (meaning, my little comments and pics in the margins every now and then) copy of Unearthly in hard cover.

Sound good?

5 comments:

Kira said...

Sounds like a great idea! I live in Utah and would love to make it up to the Idaho signing if I could, but I will be in Las Vegas that week! *sighs* I will definitely participate! I would love to win a "doodled" book of yours!

Anonymous said...

That sounds great to me aswell. As i live in australia so this is the closest thing to seeingnyou. Thanks for that you arengoing to be bombared with photos soon enough. Mel from aus

Anonymous said...

Ha. That's funny. I would have sent you photos of your book on the shelf here in Bozeman just because!

Anonymous said...

awesome idea. i was going to buy the book on Amazon but forget it. Now i will go to a local bookstore and buy it there :D

Izzy said...

Sounds great, can't wait for the release! BUT I am hoping to make it to Petaluma event :):)