Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wicked Lovely Day

Today I'm sick. I got approximately 1 hour of sleep last night, because my baby is also sick. Croupy, camp out with a snuggy all night on her bedroom floor to make sure she keeps breathing kind of sick. Uh to the Guh. So I am trudging around in a yucky exhausted haze, coughing, rasping like a chain smoker, hating that today was supposed to be a writing day, and it has turned out to be a delirious every-part-of-my-body-hurts day.

But hark, what news from yonder email breaks? It is my editor, and through my yucky haze I am able to glean two pieces of ASTOUNDING NEWS that makes me feel super awake in a flash.

Piece #1: They have moved the release date of Hallowed up by one week! So the new date is: January 17, 2012!  Yay! Y'all can get your Tucker-grabby hands on the book one whole week earlier!

Piece #2: MELISSA MARR has blurbed my book! Seriously, I need a pinch. For a better understanding of the utmost respect I have for this woman, see here, where a year ago I got so tongue-tied in MM's presence at the Smart Chicks tour that I totally forgot to get a picture with her. I was like, "ummmmmm, hi, I'm Cindy, please sign my. . .um, copy of Ink Exchange, I really liked it, I really like you, um. . .thank you so much, ummmmm," and that was it.

Those of you who know me well know that tongue-tied is not something that happens to me all that often. She is Just. That. Cool.

Squee!!!

(later)

(much, much later)

Wow. Note to self: don't squee with laryngitis. It hurts.

I having such a surreal moment, guys, seriously. I'm flashing back to my first days of writing Unearthly, when I said to myself, "I need to read more YA, right now!" and dashed off to the bookstore where I spotted this:

on the shelf, and I thought. Well, yeah, I gotta read that. And that night I was totally freaking over whether Aislinn would become the Summer Queen or if something terrible would happen to her. It was a magical story. I fell in love with reading all over again, reading that.

So, yeah. She rocks. I am so humbled that she would have even read Hallowed, let alone liked it enough to blurb it. I am so humbled, period.

What do you know? :) It turned out to be a wicked lovely day.

6 comments:

Jill Hathaway said...

Woooooot! Congrats! :D

Kristine Asselin said...

How exciting! Hope you feel better soon!

TerryLynnJohnson said...

I must have passed that nasty bug on to you last week as I packaged up your book for a winner of my giveaway. You're very welcome. Aren't the body aches a nice touch? Don't worry, in about 9 days you'll start to feel human again.

I'm sorry, but this post had me howling. You are a very funny sick girl.

Congrats on your awesome news!!

Celine said...

Congratulations! I loved Wicked Lovely series as much as you do and I'm so glad I can get Hallowed earlier! I love your books so much and can't wait to read the book blurb from Melissa Marr!

Megan Quinn said...

Not long after Unearthly came out, I did a search to see if there was any news on the second book. I managed to stumble across your blog and have checked back on it multiple times. This time around, I've had to catch up on several posts' worth. Just reading through your blog and hearing about your "writing days" has me completely ready to jump in and start writing my own novel.

I'm so impatient to begin writing myself, even if I am only in high school (an undergraduate at that). But for now I've decided to be patient and wait for "life's experiences" to reach me... or until I get bored of waiting. Which ever happens first.

Hope your laryngitis gets better. =)

Alison said...

Melissa Marr *is* really cool. I met her a few weeks ago, very exciting!

I hope you both get better soon!