Saturday, August 8, 2009

Starting on Broken Wing

Okay, so my novel is probably on an airplane by now, soaring towards my agent. And my agent will probably take 2-3 weeks to read it. The big question now is: what do I do in the meantime? And the answer seems simple. I should start writing the next book of the series.

Notice how right now I am writing on this blog instead of writing the next book.

It's not that I don't WANT to write the next book. It's not that I don't have loads of notes and ideas and scenes going on in my head as we speak.

It's simply that I just FINISHED a novel. First time ever. I finished it. I worked every single day, no days off, no vacations, no excuses, EVERY SINGLE DAY since March. And I finished it. I've never done that before. And now, before I even have time to relish that accomplishment, I should start the process all over again?

I guess I should have thought of that when I came up with the idea for a series. Note to self: writing all 4-5 books in the series is going to be a LOT of hours hunched in front of my computer.
It's just hard to be at the beginning again, when the end was so sweet.

But here I go.

No comments: