Monday, June 24, 2013

New York, New Book

Hello. Long time, no read.

I know.

I have been busy traveling. And traveling. And traveling. So far this year I have spent almost 3 months, in total, on the road. At first it seemed glamourous and fun, a great adventure, but at this point I'm like, "Oh. It's you, airport." Then I sigh.

But this week I am teaching a summer conference at Sarah Lawrence College in New York, holed up in my very own quaint little dorm room, meeting with students and talking about writing until my voice hurts, and then hiding out in the later hours to write.

I am writing a new book.

And it will be published. Unfortunately I can't tell you much more about it until things are signed and sent and finalized, but I will say two things:

1. It is not related to the Unearthly series. But I hope the fans of the Unearthly series will love it, because I love it, and it is a story that is very near and dear to my heart.

2. I will be reading a bit of this new book at the faculty reading on Friday night. So if you want a preview of my coming work, come out and listen! The reading is open to the public at Sarah Lawrence College in Bronxville, New York (you take the Metro North train from Grand Central Station, about 20-25 minutes).

Here are the details:

7:30pm, Friday, June 28
Reisinger Auditorium
Sarah Lawrence College
1 Mead Way · Bronxville/Yonkers, NY 10708

Here's a link to the campus map.

I will read, and if you wait for me at the end, I'll have time to talk to you and sign anything you want and give away a few bookmarks and such. So if you're in the New York area, and you want to know something about my new book before anybody else, come out.

Hope to see you there.

And now I must go back to writing, writing, writing, writing, writing!

14 comments:

krispipe said...

For when the title?

Cynthia Hand said...

It has a title, but I can't tell you yet.

Ashley said...

Oh. I'm so excited for you! If you love it, that is all that matters!

Christina said...

So excited. Can't wait to learn more.

Bonnie @ A Backwards Story said...

I can't wait to hear more about the new work! Good luck writing!

Anonymous said...

Ahh! I wish I could go! Sadly, Chile is a bit far away from New York for me to drop by, no matter how much I'd love to hear you read from your new book. It would be wonderful to have yet another great book from you! Keep up the good work and take care. :D

Best regards from Chile~

Varg R. said...

Where will announce the title of your new book? dying to know! I can't wait!
Good luck on your reading! ^^

Best regards from Spain! ♥

Paola.- said...

Oh gosh. I wish I lived on NY, I hope all the -we- other fans of you can know about this book soon! Greetings from Chile, Cynthia! <3 :)

bav200 said...

I wish somebody who's going can video tape Cynthia's reading!

Anonymous said...

Im excited for your new book but i can't help but wonder if you are ever going to go back to the Unearthly characters/ world? I can't find anything that says if you are or aren't, so i thought i would ask.

Unknown said...

hi cynthia my daughter and I just want to know if there will ever be another book for unearthly between christian and clara it has bugged me ever since I started reading because I feel that things were not finalized between them christian said is not really waiting and clara thinks of him I`m just sad that they never oficially got together it just feels like is not over I know she loves tucker but christian and clara had such a connection and he is so in love with her it hurt to not see them together

Unknown said...

hi cynthia I just finished boundless it was a really great series I absolutely loved it. I wantto know if there will ever be another book in the unearthly series between christian and Clara im so sad that they never got together I felt they were perfect for each other towards the end it felt that they wanyed to be together christian absolutely loves her and I know deep down she does too it just felt things were not finalized between them please say ues there will be another sooo sad

Anonymous said...

I agree with Vega above. I felt that that situation was unresolved too.

Unknown said...

Please let there be another novel to unearthly.. I'm so curious to know if Clara ends up with Christian.. they are so meant to be its killing me poor poor Christian