Saturday, February 1, 2014

New Book, New Title!

Yesterday I officially finished my fourth novel.

Which made me feel like:


Also:




Because this novel just about killed me to write. To an extent, all of my novels have made me feel like I might not survive the process (this writing thing is HARD, yo), but this novel. THIS NOVEL, you guys. There were entire weeks were I unabashedly wept every day while writing this novel.



Also:



It's that kind of novel. You might need tissues, is what I'm saying.

There are a couple of things I can tell you at this juncture:

1. The TITLE!!!!!

I love the title. It's the only book I've written to date where my working title became the actual title, and for that I am very proud. It is:

THE LAST TIME WE SAY GOODBYE

2. The book (I call it TLTWSG for short) is a YA contemporary stand-alone. Meaning that it is not Unearthly-related. It is not a paranormal romance (although there are parts of this book that are so romantic, sigh) and it does not feature anyone with supernatural powers. That said, I will add that I am always interested in stories where mysterious things happen, and this book is no exception.

3. I say the novel is not Unearthly-related, but TLTWSG is about a girl who is trying to deal with the death of her younger brother, and I think fans of Unearthly will be able to see the connections between what I was writing about in the Unearthly series and what I'm writing about here.

3. The book will be out sometime in early 2015. I know that's a long time to wait. Believe me, I know. Publishing a book is often a game of hurry-up-and-wait. But I will be here in the next year to keep you updated on all of the news: the book description, the cover, the release date, all the fun stuff, as it happens.

So that's what I'll give you for now.

*Takes a deep breath.*

*Eyes the notebook for the next novel.*


 Um, EXCITED. Sheesh, gif people. Spell check.







17 comments:

Ashley said...

AHH! This is so exciting! Congrats!

KaribbeanIsland said...

OMG OMG OMG! I can't wait. Anything you write will be amazing!!!!!

Sieni said...

Fantastic news!! Am a huge fan of your books and writing. Can't wait!

Sallie Mazzur said...

This news has added to my already happy day! Thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

Woohoo! I love your books and am so excited for a new one from you!! Can't wait for it to come out! Thanks for writing it :)

Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog

Anonymous said...

WOOT! CONGRATULATIONS!! I can't wait to read it, the title alone has captivated me already! And I love how you write, so I'm sure it's gonna be amazing. I'm gonna have a hard time waiting for it to be released! *o*

Congratulations on finishing this new baby and thank you for sharing the great news with us. Yippie!! <3

Lots of love~

Isabel C said...

YAY! I can't wait to read it!

Amanda @Stuck In YA Books said...

Congrats Cynthia!!!!

The Reading Enchantress said...

Yay, Cynthia!!! Congratulations on another (what I'm sure will be) amazing book!!! xo.

starryeyedjen said...

Ah, this is fantastic news. I've been stalking GR for updates on this, too. :) Congrats on another finished book! I bet that sense of accomplishment makes the tears worth it. :D

Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...

Such exciting news!!!!

Unknown said...

NEWBOOKNEWBOONEWBOOKNEWBOOKNEWBOOK.

Ahem. I might be a little excited.

Congratulations! ^_^ I can't wait to see more news on this revealed over the course of the year. Bring on 2015!

Anonymous said...

OHMIGOSH IMMA CRY!!!

Unknown said...

What great news! I'm so happy for you! Just hearing you say you cried made ME cry! Can't wait to read it.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Im So happy you have a new book coming out. Cant wait to read it. Early 2015 is to long of a time to wait for it

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD! you'll make me cry!! All I want now is your second book from Unearthly, Hallowed. I'm from Argentina and I'm not the best in english. That means I must wait to read it. I'm So Sad. Anyway I'm very happy and I can't wait fot it.

Sherry Soule said...

It sounds really good! Can't wait to read it. ;-)