Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Why I Love the CW

Hi, y'all. I didn't intend to blog for a few days, (writing, writing, writing Book 3) but then some news broke yesterday and my tweeps are going wild and I thought I would clear some things up.

Yes, it IS true. Unearthly is being developed into a television series for the CW! This is so unbelievably exciting and surreal for me. I love the idea. I have been an avid CW watcher for a long time, my fave show for years and years being The Gilmore Girls. There's nothing like the rapid-fire dialogue from that show. <3 In fact, Unearthly was influenced quite a lot by Rory and Lorelei--I wanted the relationship between Clara and Maggie to be fun and friend-like and snappy like this (and there is a reference to the GG in the book, can you find it?). So I am soooooo pleased that my little book is being developed into a show for this network.



That said, it is being DEVELOPED into a show on the CW. This does not mean that it is definitely going to BE a show on the CW. Unearthly has a lot of hoops to get through before that happens. Right now we're still in the script phase-- Kevin Murphy is writing a what-I-am-sure-will-be-awesome script for the pilot. Then the network has to greenlight the pilot to be made, it has to be cast and shot, and then the network has to decide if it makes it to primetime. Like I said, lots of work ahead of us. So keep your fingers crossed, and thank you for all the squees and excitement and good wishes.

Love you guys! (collective hug)

P.S. The entries for my Hallowed/Halloween giveaway are AWESOME. Keep them coming. I will announce the winner at 6pm Pacific Time.

now: write, write, write, write, write. Book 3, book 3, book 3.

UPDATE: 7-30-12
Just wanted to let you guys know, since a lot of people are still coming to this post and getting excited, that Unearthly didn't make it to the pilot stage last February. :( Such is the business. So we are basically back to square one with the Unearthly-to-film-or-television stuff. Thanks for all your enthuiasm and support, and if news on this front changes I will let you know!

21 comments:

Rebecca Christiansen said...

Waaaaahhhh! So cool! I've never been interested in CW shows, but I would definitely watch Unearthly if it was on TV!

Megan Quinn said...

I know I should post this on your last entry, but I'm afraid of it drowning from all of the contest entries. =)

But I was wondering if we were allowed to enter both contests?

And congrats on the possible TV show. It would be great to have a new show to obsess over. c:

Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...

Holy... swear word! That is a huge deal, congrats!!

Fiona L said...

That's so amazing. A HUGE congrats! I love so many CW shows, Hart of Dixie is my absolute favourite right now. Congrats again!

Amy said...

Congrats! That is super exciting! I just LOVED Unearthly, and would definitely watch the show!! :)

brandileigh2003 said...

Is there anything we can do to support it in these early stages?

Priya said...

OMG!!! This would something to watch out for
I hope they do turn it to a show

Kate said...

The CW has been really awesome in the past few years with new teen shows so I am excited to see what happens with yours. Congrats!! :)

Mimi Valentine said...

OH. MY. GOSH!!! That would be SO AMAZING, Cynthia! I'm honestly crossing my fingers and my toes and my legs -- I'd try to cross my eyes too, but I can never do that LOL -- just in hopes that it happens! I LOVE the CW too because they have so many of my fave shows on it!

YAY! :) Congrats, Cynthia!!

Bia said...

Congratulations! This is such an exciting news! I have faith it will make it on the air. The book has everything to become a hit TV show on the CW. I'm pretty sure this will have a huge following, just like The Vampire Diaries. Good luck to everyone involved. Are they planning this for the 2012 fall season?

And Gilmore Girls, ahh! <3 All time favorite TV show. <333

Jeff Reid said...

We have added Cynthia and Unearthly to Storycasting.com, the web's premier "fantasy casting" site. Come and post YOUR cast! Fun, free, and non-spamming. Who do YOU see in the TV version? ;)

Storycasting.com
"for the movie in your mind"

funkelstein17 said...

Congrats on that! Unfortunetely I´ll not be able to watch this in Austria :-/

Caroline said...

That is amazing! I would love it if they turned Unearthly into a tv show! Yay! I'm so excited now :p

Caroline said...

Who do you think would be a good actress to play Clara and a good actor to play Tucker??

Melissa Hinton said...

I just came across this post and first of all, I wanted to do cart wheels when I read your Gilmore girls blurb in unearthly.....that is my all time favorite tv show! I am so excited about your show possibly being on the cw. I love the vampire diaries, supernatural, and the secret circle. I think unearthly would make a fabulous addition to the network and I hope to see it come to fruition!

Victoria220 said...

i cant wait til the third book comes out!!! i'm waiting with so much anticipation!!! if there wuz a show for unearthly, i wud soooooo watch it!!! <3 <3

Vicky said...

I am in LOVE with the unearthly series so if it is turned into a tv show would I be able to watch it over here in the UK ???

Unknown said...

Yay!!!!!

Unknown said...

Will the third book have some tucker in it?

Monica Postma said...

I'm actually really interested to see Unearthly on the CW. I really want this to happen, just so i can see what happens. If TVD is any indication, the CW won't stick to the plot of the book series at all, but I still want to watch it.

Unknown said...

I was just wondering if you could update this i really want to know if unearthly ever came out and if it was a fil or tv series